[CQ-Contest] unique contacts and logging errors

Bob Patten n4bp at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 11 14:46:29 EDT 2003

Thomas Horton wrote:

> With all due respect to you, some of us sometime QRP
>operators do have good receivers and can copy calls as wellas a big gun.
> As a sometimes QRP operator, I sometimes do also get legit unique
>callsigns in my log as well...as I'm sure others of us do.

Further, if you think about it...
The QRO station is much more likely to bust the call of the QRPer, since
he is usually the one
who has to struggle to copy.  The QRPer is probably having an easy time
picking up your call...

As a part time QRPer also, I give a lot of credit to those QRO stations
who take the time and
trouble to copy my call.  QRPers tend to claim the credit for their low
power contacts, when it
is usually the station on the other end who is doing all the work.  And
I absolutely despise the
practice of tacking /QRP on the end of a call - almost as much as the
signing of "last two".

--
73,     Bob Patten, N4BP                Plantation, FL

E-Mail: n4bp at arrl.net                   Website: http://www.qsl.net/n4bp
QRP ARCI #3412    SOC #1    ARS #799    Whiners #6   FISTS #7871