[CQ-Contest] World HF Contest Station Database needs help

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Thu Apr 1 14:22:47 EST 2004

Recently, the server hosting the WCSD unexpectedly went off the air, and
being even more human than most folks, I did not have current copies of the
search and ASP pages that the database had used to respond to queries.  I
did have the latest database, however -- I *had* backed THAT up.

I reinstalled the PVRC membership database on the new web server, and got
it working with no problems.  It is externally identical to the WCSD, in
that it's an Access database, and the search routines, as well as the ASPs
that display the data, were all formulated using the Form functions and the
Database Results Region Wizard in FrontPage 2000.

So here's my question -- is there anyone out there with Access, SQL and ASP
experience who might be willing to help me trouble-shoot this?  Ideally, I
would send you the database, the search page, and the ASP.  You would run
them on your own ASP-capable server and immediately (;^)) see what I'm
doing wrong.

I can't offer any compensation for this, other than a credit line on the
WCSD front page, so I hope there's a generous soul out there with the right
combination of skills who would be willing to have a go at it.

Thanks!

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
will be back soon -- watch this space