[CQ-Contest] Self Spotting

K3BU at aol.com K3BU at aol.com
Fri Apr 2 17:55:59 EST 2004

In a message dated 4/2/04 5:26:56 PM Eastern Standard Time, wn3vaw at fyi.net
writes:
>>A 30% penalty?  Almost a third of your score?  Because your borrowed someone
else's shack?  Please.  Don't we have bigger things to worry about, like
keeping contest participation up and improving our skill levels and fighting
the BPL menace?<<

Geeee! Next time I will try to put big mother smiley after my "langue in
cheek" comment :-) :-) :-))))))

I wish everybody dove into other's stations. The second day I ran out of
station to work, so I can welcome, appreciate, value every little (half) point I
can get.

I salute those contesters that build their own stations and appreciate and
value their contribution to the art of contesting. They will always amount to
more than those "dive in" operators. But there is nothing wrong with those
either, when they get taste of real station, one day they will grow up to be a real
contesters too. :-))))))) How can you have multi/multi if there were no
"divers"?  Contest Daddy would have to have at least 6 contest kiddies.

Yea, we have bigger things to worry about, like 3 points for the other
continent, 3 QSO penalty, 0 points for own country, Thanksgiving Contest, clicksing
rigs, overcompremodulated signals (like the champ is louder when he is not
talking :-), ....

The point is that the contest rules should change (slowly) with times, mainly
by the contest elders suggestions, rather than those who are trying to fit
the contests to their particular handicap.

73  keep smiling and work me!

Yuri, K3BU, VE3BMV, VE1BY,
Tesla RC NT1E, N2EE