[CQ-Contest] Running vs SP

Robert Pack (NX5M) nx5m at txcyber.com
Sat Apr 3 20:07:35 EST 2004

Antennas.....antennas.....antennas.
On the other hand just talk to Ed, N1UR about LP contesting  without even
having a tower up (yet).
He has done well and his antennas are supported on ladders and trees.
Before he moved to Vermont (let us NOT get into a discussion on geographical
location) a couple of years ago he operated here at my place several times
in the LP category.  Sure, I have many antennas and more is always better
than less.  But consider what he is using now and he is a constant in the
top box scores.  Just wait until he gets a couple of towers up later this
year!
IF you cannot put up a bunch of antennas you have to do what you can.  In my
early days that is what I did.  Where there is a will there is a way.
First order of business........antenna enhancement (if possible).  If not
possible.......just operate and do the best you can.  Sure, you may not be
able to compete with other LP stations with bigger and better antennas but
do the best you can and then pat yourself on the back for a job well done.
If you are having fun then what more can you ask for?

73,
Bob NX5M