[CQ-Contest] ANOTHER SMELLY SUBJECT

Alexander Teimurazov at at at-communication.com
Sun Apr 4 12:44:51 EDT 2004

     Hi Yuri
 Time to time that subject about PA appear
 I think what David K1TTT is do is great
 He give lot of statistic and also he is really dont say anything about
clasters he talking about self spots made by person not using his own call
sign and thats really very wrong  Its same like you will start to use
someone call on the air
 Discussion one way or another is going to PA again and again
 I dont know if on the time when Alberto IV3TAN set world record on 160m
there is power limit in CQ WW or not
 Im not sure if someone use same power he do can setup that record
 I know people using much more or same power and cant do that
 Another question is why 1500 watt?
 How russian op or people from another country including Italy can compete
with others when their country power limit is much less then 1500 watt?
 Why we put them on the way to against rules of their country?
 If we are looking to fair play then we have to reduce power limit to 200
watt or even less
 Then allmost everyone will be in same position and we will dont put him on
the way to against his own country rules
 What amplifier is legal to use in contest for 1500 watt limit?
 ACOM or ALPHA? Both of them giving more then 1500 watts and thats mean
everyone against the rules and only legal category is propably LP
 With my opinion if you following rules its not make difference you running
1600watt or 10 kwt because in both situation you not meeting contest
requirement
 Im sure Yuri you know many contest station running big power
 I remember in former USSR in Ukraine people when they are have license for
5 watt running 1 kwt and more
 Reason of that is quite simple they are have license to work only on 160m
and what you can do on 160m with 5w if you are novice?
 I think today situation is like that
 Contest stations operating from rare countries in Caribean and Africa cant
use very big power in most of those locations because even if they are will
decide to do it there is electricity limit station in Europe and other
countries have high power like compensation for their bad location
 I dont see also packet usefull in D4 for example because Im running and
running and if I will look in claster I dont think that will help because on
DX station will be great US or Eu pileup not easy to break
 I have to find DXs my self thats easiest way to work them and its no time
to look to claster
 In Eu and US situation is different
 Alberto IV3TAN result in CQ WW SSB on 160m is outstanding He do very well
Many people tell me that he have big power but he hear very well also
 We know many people running big power but dont hear anything
 I try LP in 160m and I know how its looks even with very effective ants on
160m when ever second day Im calling stations during 4 hours before station
answer me hi
 Alberto hear anything
 Then if power is case then all old records setted on the time when its not
power limit have to be deleted and we have to start history again
 I dont think there is lot of things we can do about power
 In former USSR and lot of trys to fix that even sending inspections to
contest stations and what change nothing
 Some station they are visit is loose license and thats it and other still
use big power
 I think there is another quite important issues
 One of the most important is how to get in our hobby new generation of the
contesters
 I think its quite bad that we have to wait for results of the contest 1
year
 Why ? I dont understand that
 There is no more paper log low and computer can do everything fast
 New generation will not accept that I think
 Because when you get result of the contest you allmost dont remember what
you do in that contest
 Propably 3830 is better because you can read that anytime and many people
is publish their results there
 Some people dont doing that I dont know why
 Another problem is that not everyone can see result because dont have CQ
magazine
 Another problem is certificate for contest
 Activity is going down because people cant get their certificate and
certificates is not good and not showing everything what person done in that
contest
 Propably instead or together to sponsor trophies for contest we have to
sponsor shipment of certificates because all of them going to late
 I dont understand also if I pay for trophy why its go too late?
 About claster its SOAB Asisted category but if you will look results in
Assisted is lower then in SOAB why?
 If that category is not popular then propably delete it and allow everyone
to use claster if anyway people trying to do that
 Im sorry that contest committees to have create the rules to against
cheaters and thats make problem to real contesters
 We can do what ever we wish but we will be not able to stop those people
who like to win anyway and not care about rules
 I have discussion about that with David and you see his list there is
mostly same call signs
 Im happy that top contesters anyway running allmost equal power and power
is dont make big difference for them
 I dont think that Jim N6TJ can mention any contest when he loose because he
have less power then someone
 I hear lot of rumors about CN8WW that they are using high power
 Fellows look on their score Do you think its just high power
 I like to give my BIG THANKS to David K1TTT for his outstanding job
 Please excuse me for my English
       73       Al 4L5A/D4B