[CQ-Contest] DEODORIZER

dt pattaya at direcpc.com
Sun Apr 4 09:09:27 EDT 2004

A Gentleman's agreement among Gentlemen.
Any log submission that qualifies for top five in a category includes
invitation  to 'show and tell' during next year's contest.
Qualify as an observer by being in top 20 or by being designated by
someone in top 20.
Of course it's not likely an observer would see anything other than good
operating techniques and beautiful equipment.
BUT, we might notice some dramatic changes in top scores.
There would be a few questions to be worked out,
1. observer bring own jelly sandwich and bottled water.
2.  no more than two observers in the shack
3.  same club or brother-in- law disqualifies an observer.
4.  obviously many other items could be suggested by more experienced
contesters

We started out with a TS440 and a dipole back in the nineties.
We have a little more experience now and we have improved the station
and our scores..
In years past we've seen considerable 'winking' in a contest  activity
where the 'complainer'  would have been an outcast.
The 'winking' being done by otherwise respected community leaders.

Thanks to those of you that have put the subject on the front page.

Second in command at WD5R,

Doug, n5ect