[CQ-Contest]

Darryl Wagoner WA1GON darryl at shecora.com
Mon Apr 5 12:22:48 EDT 2004

Greetings,

I have been playing with contesting for a few years now mainly S&P.  One
of the questions I have is about "claiming a freq" and calling CQ.  The
way that I have been doing it is:

1.  Find a quite freq.
2.  Listen for about 60 seconds.
3.  Ask if the freq is in uses.
4.  Start calling CQ.

But it strikes me that there maybe another station on same freq. Which I
can hear, but some others may be able to hear.  Am I interfering with
other station?  If not am I doing a disservice to myself?  Should I even
being worrying about this?

Darryl Wagoner - WA1GON
Past President - Nashua Area Radio Club
"Evil triumphs when good men do nothing."  - Edmund Burke [1729-1797]