[CQ-Contest] ANOTHER SMELLY SUBJECT

Jan Erik Holm sm2ekm at telia.com
Mon Apr 5 19:14:33 EDT 2004

There are (at least) two major problems these days.
1. More and more people doesnt understand how to operate
    a SSB transmitter.
2. Our modern radios has far to inefficient ALC control,
    or better put, radios (and amplifiers) can by an operator
    that doesnt understand be heavily overdriven.

Back in the 70-ties you simply couldnt do this with the most
common radios, forexample Drake and Collins gear, even if you
turned every knob you could find wide open you simply couldnt
do it.

Since the splatter problem is so bad these days, and getting
worse and worse, I rather would like to see some action to make
it better. I am pritty sure that if the splattering guys would
get some kind of penalty they somehow or another would clean up
their act.

73 Jim SM2EKM