[CQ-Contest] RE: [TowerTalk] W4AN Silent Key

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Mon Apr 5 17:33:01 EDT 2004

At 01:30 PM 4/5/04, Dick Green WC1M wrote:
>I was also impressed with how
>he kept the contesting.com reflectors going even when it became apparent
>that they were hurting him financially. I donated whenever he asked. If you
>think about it, these reflectors have made one of the greatest contributions
>to contesting and amateur  radio of any innovation since the beginning of
>the hobby. Whatever becomes of them, I hope that we will find a way to
>permanently remember Bill as the founder and visionary who made it possible.

Can you imagine a better permanent, living memorial to Bill than for us to
find a way to keep contesting.com rolling on into the future?  I have begun
working inside PVRC to build a consensus in support of this undertaking,
and hope that the other contest clubs will do the same.  If this builds the
momentum I hope it will, then at the right moment (soon!) we can engage
with the remaining members of the contesting.com team to figure out how to
make it happen.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
is back, at www.pvrc.org