[CQ-Contest] ANOTHER SMELLY SUBJECT

Jan Erik Holm sm2ekm at telia.com
Mon Apr 5 19:29:22 EDT 2004

By all means! However equaly importand is how people
conduct themself on the bands.
Excessive bandwith and other types of missconduct should
be dealt with.
I rather see people runing 4CX5000/4CX10000/3CX3000 to
3 kW and having clean signal and correct bandwith instead
of driving his Alpha 87A/ AL1200 (or similar) to 2 kW or
whatever, you hear so many flat topping amplifiers on
the bands these days, it´s quite incredible.
Also people care less and less if the frequency is occupied,
forexample some will plant themself 0.6 kHz away and when
being asked to move they just respond "by better filters",
and this is on SSB!

73 Jim SM2EKM