[CQ-Contest] W4AN Bill Fisher SK

Jack Schuster w1wef at intergate.com
Mon Apr 5 13:14:45 EDT 2004

I am deeply saddened and shocked at the news that Bill is a Silent Key. I
worked Bill only a week or so back when he told me he was taking a break from
dismantling his Four Square at his mountain top station and selling the house
there, but was planning to move everything to W8JI where they would build a
REAL superstation. I had the pleasure of visiting with Bill at his mountain top
a few years ago, before he built the new house there, but enjoyed his
hospitality and company and the opportunity to get to know him a little better.
He already had built a super station, was a super op, and gave back a
super amount of support to our hobby. We have lost yet another young friend.
RIP Bill ...you will be missed.    JACK W1WEF