[CQ-Contest] So long Bill Fisher

Tree tree at kkn.net
Mon Apr 5 21:11:32 EDT 2004

Yesterday Trey called me with this very shocking news.   It has taken me
this long to have the composure to write these words.

Bill Fisher will be missed for many reasons.  He was a sharp operator who
pushed the envelope in many ways.  He showed us the path for >400 QSOs in
the Sprint and is the current sprint score champion.

His technical contributions, both in the radio front, and the internet will
be sorely missed.  His enthusiam and energy have had a positive impact for
us all.  Bill was always trying to recruit new operators for the sprint.  He
would form 4 or 5 teams and send out e-mails or post cards reminding people
to get on.

On a more personal level, I will miss him.  He made me a better operator by
setting a high standard.  Just a couple of weeks ago, he was helping me with
the design of a new antenna - which I was putting up so I could give him a
better run for his money in the next CW Sprint.

In 20 years, contesting will not be as good as it could have been if Bill
would have been around longer.

So long Bill - your impact will not be forgotten.

Tree N6TR