[CQ-Contest] SO3R???

Kenneth E. Harker kenharker at kenharker.com
Thu Apr 8 17:02:55 EDT 2004

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 11:56:34AM -0500, Doug Smith W9WI wrote:
>                                                  I'm not aware of
> anyone except QRPers trying to run SO2R with both rigs on the same
> band.

I think this is not terribly uncommon amongst serious single-banders
and during single-band contests such as the ARRL 10 Meter Contest.
I've done it (once, poorly) with a setup (at K5TR) that involved a
second receiver that was turned off whenever the main rig transmitted.
When I found a new station to work on the second receiver, I'd plug
the frequency into VFO B of the transceiver, wait for the opportune
moment, go to the B VFO, work the station, and return to the A VFO to
call CQ.  It would take a few more steps to make the system really
SO2R, and even then you cannot listen on radio B while radio A is
transmitting, but there are still ways you can make use of two radios
on the same band.

--
(Note: I have changed my primary personal email account.  Please replace
 your address book or alias listings of kharker at cs.utexas.edu with

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker at kenharker.com