[CQ-Contest] SO3R

Ray w2re at optonline.net
Thu Apr 8 19:41:26 EDT 2004

 SO3R is useful during high solar peaks. With the cycle on decline, I think the 3rd radio would only be useful to check band openings. I was considering a 3rd radio, but with the cycle on decline and most likely poor conditions on 10M its not worth the effort.

Charlie N1RR made a good point about 3 radio in a M/S enviroment, when one goes down during the wee hours of the morning, the guest op wont have to wake the owner of the station.

SO3R would be usefull during SS, because you could do 40/20/15 or 80/40/20 the whole contest. But, the exchange...ugh!

73, Ray W2RE