[CQ-Contest] JA Visitor Got JA1 Call

Bill k6km at cncnet.com
Sun Apr 11 18:37:01 EDT 2004

Hi Folks,

I've always looked upon JA1 calls as something real special,
representing REAL Japanese amateur radio operators first
licensed in the 1940s or even earlier. EVERY time I worked
a JA1 in the last 30 years I've felt a bit of reverence for the
OT at the other end.

Sadly, JARL is now reissuing old JA1 calls. I'm both proud
and embarassed to have become the new holder of the callsign
JA1OHB.

Also sadly, my license arrived on my departure date. But
Others will be receiving re-issued JA calls. Don't be surprised
when you find a Yank at the key/mike of a JA* call.

Bill

K6KM / JA1OHB