[CQ-Contest] JA Visitor Got JA1 Call

jg1vgx at jarl.com jg1vgx at jarl.com
Mon Apr 12 11:35:27 EDT 2004

Congratulations Bill, for your new JA1 call.

It's not sad, but it's a progress!
My eleven-year old son has also got JA1CRG this time.

They still won't reissue JA calls with 2-letter suffixes.
I wish I could get 2by2s like JA1BC!!

US are much more generous as you know. They give out 1x2s or 2x1s for
anybody who is qualified and has a postal address in the US...

73 de rin JG1VGX/N1MH

k6km> Hi Folks,
k6km>
k6km> I've always looked upon JA1 calls as something real special,
k6km> representing REAL Japanese amateur radio operators first
k6km> licensed in the 1940s or even earlier. EVERY time I worked
k6km> a JA1 in the last 30 years I've felt a bit of reverence for the
k6km> OT at the other end.
k6km>
k6km> Sadly, JARL is now reissuing old JA1 calls. I'm both proud
k6km> and embarassed to have become the new holder of the callsign
k6km> JA1OHB.
k6km>
k6km> Also sadly, my license arrived on my departure date. But
k6km> Others will be receiving re-issued JA calls. Don't be surprised
k6km> when you find a Yank at the key/mike of a JA* call.
k6km>
k6km> Bill
k6km>
k6km> K6KM / JA1OHB