[CQ-Contest] loggers problem

Charles discreetly_confidential at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 15 07:40:07 EDT 2004

Logging standards, submittal standards...

As one who thoroughly enjoys contesting AND who
finds the PC logging makes it a lot more fun..

There are three things I want and need (and I
would feel safe in saying that ALL contesters
want and need)...

1) Clear and well written rules so I (and others)
can understand what is OK and NOT OK.

2) What the contest parameters are (exchange,
bands, modes, scoring, etc.)

3) What the submittal requirements are AND those
submittal requirements ought to be something that
is easy to accomplish so I'll WANT to submit my
log with SOME degree of confidence that it will
be OK.

If THOSE three are met, then I'm happy and I can
participate away AND submit a log.

If they are NOT there, I tend to NOT want to
participate in the event - who needs the hassle
and the fights about 'But it doesn't say!..',
'But it DOES say..', 'Wel *I* interpret it to
mean..'

that's what makes the Cabrillo standard nice.
EVERYONE adapted to it and it works across the
board.

73
K3FT