[CQ-Contest] SP DX Contest - postcontest info - loggers problem

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Wed Apr 14 20:44:05 EDT 2004

SP5UAF replied to UA9CDC's suggestion that SP DX Contest should get a
template properly enshrined:

>The SP DX Contest Cabrillo specification is not a part of the SP DX
>Contest rules. It can be found in other place of the contest WWW.
>
>I can't agree with everything what you said. In my opinion if
>something is a part of the contest exchange it is quite usual that it
>must also be listed in the file generated by the contest software.
>Does not matter in which columns it is listed.
>
>We have converters but for WriteLog only now, a logger especially for
>SP DX Contest, postcontest tools etc. EI5DI or N1MM logger generate
>files which are some different from what we suggested on the SP DX
>Contest WWW. But the files have complete contest exchange info.
>
>You are right we could make it better. We will next year. Thanks again
>for all comments and valuable suggestions.

This is a two-way thing - sponsors want to make their lives as easy as
possible, participants do not want to muck about.

Any ambiguity that results in participants going astray is contrary to the
desire of the sponsors, yet can be avoided by the sponsors to begin
with.

Adopt an already specified Cabrillo template & use it as-is, or engage Trey
& then wait for that template to be implemented in the various logging
programs. For non-Cabrillo entries, SP DX's approach is fine but to be sure,
spell out what should be in the log.  Mention in the rules which logging
program formats are accepted as-is.  Help us to help you so we all can have
fun & not wrestle with logs.

73, VR2BrettGraham