[CQ-Contest] cq-m

Igor Sokolov ua9cdc at r66.ru
Mon Apr 19 14:02:12 EDT 2004

OK David,  in the absence of the official reaction (I have cross posted your
message to Russian contest reflector) I will try to help.

>I am planning on hosting a multi-op here if possible so we need lots of
>the specifics about the 10 minute rule, working mult exceptions

10 minute rule similar to CQ WW. You have Run station and you have Mult
station. Each have to stay at least 10 min on the band. Therefore 2
simultaneous signals are allowed provided one of them works mult.

> who counts for points,
Everybody. Own country -1 point. Other country same continent - 2 points.
Other continent - 3 point. Countries understood as per R-150-S which is DXCC
plus Russian republics plus some Russian islands plus UB5J (Crimea) plus
4U1VIC. It was all covered in Zoli's post.
Looks like everybody will need modified CTY.DAT for this contest.

>is changing mode like a band change for the 10 minute
>rule or not,

No. You are free to change modes any time. Only band changings are limited
by 10 min rule.

>the countries list,

Answered that before...

>do mults count per band or per band/mode,

In terms of TRlog - mult by band = true   mult by mode = false :)

>can serial numbers be by band/mode or do they have to be just
>one set of numbers...

Yes, just one set of numbers

> too many things to try to dig out of a bad machine
>translation.

I understand, you would rather have it published officially. I hope they
will do it soon. But for the time being I hope I managed to unswer some of
your questions.

73, Igor UA9CDC