[CQ-Contest] Recuiting women -- a little contrition

Art Boyars art.boyars at verizon.net
Sun Aug 15 23:49:16 EDT 2004

When I made my comment on August 3 about the behavior of a minority making contesting unattractive to women, I may have mispoken on two points:

1.  The link to an inappropriate picture was probably on a different Reflector (which is frequented by many of the CQ-Contet crowd).

2.  I am told that the Hooters event at Dayton happened only once.  I thought I remembered a recurring motif.  Not being willing to research it, I'll have to demur.  (But, harumpf, it will best if it remains forever a one-time event.)

And in case anybody else missed my point, attitudes which some women will find disrespectful are certainly NOT the only reason so few women are involved in contesting.  However, as I was taught when my employers thought they might turn me into a manager, we do have to eliminate the "productivity inhibitors".

73, Art K3KU