[CQ-Contest] The Station Notebook

Cooper, Stewart coopers at odl.co.uk
Mon Aug 16 04:08:05 EDT 2004

I have kept a station notebook for years. I never really thought that it was
something that others did. I am on volume 5 I think. Little spiral bound
notebooks. I keep notes of pin-out connections with drawings, rotator and
other cable colours and connections and drawings, antenna design info
(element length, spacing, taper schedule, etc). Equipment and packet
interconnecting cable pin-outs, etc. In fact a I also have a separate book
just for mic, afsk, control and other pin-outs. It is good to be able to go
back 10 years and check on something 'you think you remember'. I also have
an old filing cabinet full of manuals, circuits, rubbish, etc.

Stewart
GM4AFF/GM0F