[CQ-Contest] Remote operation entirely through IP?

Art RX9TX rx9tx at esoo.ru
Tue Aug 17 21:29:04 EDT 2004

 Hello EI8IC,

 Tuesday, August 17, 2004 Tim Makins, EI8IC wrote to CQ Contest:

TME> This raises the interesting possibility of someone setting up a station in
TME> whatever exotic DX location, and renting the operating to anyone on the web.
TME> It would also allow almost any licensed ham to be a guest operator at your,
TME> or anyone else's station.

This  already  works  pretty  good and long at W4MQ (www.w4mq.com) and
W7DXX  Internet  Remote-Controlled  stations.  If you have US call, or
under  CEPT  agreement,  you  may  get your password and operate these
stations.  I know about IRB (Internet Remote Base) stations also in S5
land.

RX9TX/N2WZ

--
 73...Art RX9TX        18-Aug-04 01:24 UTC

 "The only reward for love is the experience of loving." [John LeCarre, The Secret Pilgrim]