[CQ-Contest] SO2R on the same band

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Fri Dec 3 03:13:06 EST 2004

NE0P asked:

>Is there any sort of device that will allow you to
>hook up 2 radios to do dual receive on the same band?
>I know that is simple enough, but the big problem
>would be to mute the one receiver when you transmit on
>the second radio.  I am not real interested in doing
>this for contesting, but instead for Dxing, where I
>could listen to both the DX station and the call
>frequency at the same time.  There are some dual
>receive radios that will do this, but suppose I want
>to use 2 non-dual-receive radios.

Take the receive antenna output jack of one, split it,
then feed that back into the receive antenna input of
that rig & the receive antenna input of the other rig.

If the first rig doesn't have a receive antenna output
jack, it's easy to add.

With this, second rig only sees the antenna when the
first rig is in receive - basically half of what is done
in a multi-multi to have two operating positions on
one band.

73, VR2BrettGraham