[CQ-Contest] QST...A radical thought?

Cqtestk4xs at aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Sat Dec 4 18:38:36 EST 2004

I spoke with two of the reps from the ARRL today at the Tampa Bay Hamfest
and mentioned my idea about the possible on-line delivery of QST.  I also
mentioned that this would allow addtional lines scores, traffic handling info  and
all the other goodies the elague doesn't have space for.  I also  mentioned
how it might be a money saver not having to print and mail.

My idea was met with, uh...less than a positive thought...not a good idea,
the advertisers won't like it, too hard to implement, we don't have the
computer  resources etc..  I was also informed again that contesters are not a
signicant focus for the ARRL and that the focus of the boys in Newington is the
guys who are the no-code techs, and the boys who frequent two meters.  They  are
the majority of the ham population.  The DXers and contesters are a  small
minority of the entire ham population

So much for my idea.  The league has spoken.  I will continue to  support the
ARRL, but it is a shame the two officials I spoke to have this  attitude.

Bill K4XS