[CQ-Contest] QST...A radical thought?

Joe Subich, K4IK k4ik at subich.com
Sat Dec 4 19:12:32 EST 2004

> I was also informed again that contesters are not a signicant
> focus for the ARRL and that the focus of the boys in Newington
> is the guys who are the no-code techs, and the boys who frequent
> two meters.  They are the majority of the ham population.  The
> DXers and contesters are a  small minority of the entire ham
> population

That's typical of politicians who look only at raw numbers and
make decisions based on polls (the Bill Clinton School of
leadership).  What the boys in Newintgon fail to realize (and
the politicians called Directors/Vice Directors will never
acknowledge) is that the contesters and Dxers spend more money
and time on amateur radio than all the "shack on the belt" no-
code techs put together.

It also shows why the ARRL serves no useful purpose.

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK
       (Life Member for more than 25 years)