[CQ-Contest] Signing /QRP In Contests

Jeff Stai jds at twistedoak.com
Sun Dec 5 20:56:44 EST 2004

At 05:43 PM 12/5/2004, Eric Hilding wrote:
>In light of the seasonal period we are now in, my final comment on the use of "/QRP" in a contest is:   BAH, HUMBUG ;-(
>
>73 & sincere "Happy Holidays" to all...
>
>Rick, K6VVA

In my limited experience, the main reason they use /QRP is to get you to log
them that way. They are not trying to maximize points, they are working on
QRP operating awards, and want a QSL from you that says /QRP.

IMHO, the greatest pool of operators in most contests is not the hard-core
contest op, but the awards seekers. My stuffed mailbox after every contest
is a testament to that!

73 - jeff wk6i (Calaveras County, CA)

ps: regarding VR2BG's observation - if I had a nickel for every time that happened...!-)

Jeff Stai               jds at twistedoak.com
Twisted Oak Winery      http://www.twistedoak.com/