[CQ-Contest] ARRL v. contesters

K0HB k-zero-hb at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 6 17:15:27 EST 2004

> There seems to be a lot of ARRL-bashing on the list recently.  While
> I was very disappointed at the decision to remove line scores from QST
myself
> (and made sure my Division Director understood my point of view,) ARRL is
> by no means anti-contesting, as some have suggested.

Ken, your points are well taken.

I've seen a lot of sentiment expressed here about the decision to quit
printing line scores in QST, but except for the gentleman from Arizona
trying to organize a boycott, I've seen very little "ARRL bashing".

I'm a lifelong supporter of ARRL, but I reserve the right (as you do) to
express my disappointment about some of their penny-wise/pound-foolish
financial decisions.

73, de Hans, K0HB