[CQ-Contest] ARRL v. contesters

N7MAL N7MAL at CITLINK.NET
Mon Dec 6 17:44:52 EST 2004

Yes, by definition,  "To engage in harsh, accusatory, threatening criticism", I have been bashing. I don't think by suggesting a bunch of "what-ifs" is the same as boycotting.
For those folks who keep saying "The league is not anti-contesting" I respectfully disagree. The contest rate sheet is nothing more than a token effort to appease us and keep guys like me shut-up. When the ARRL publishes documents that say traffic handling & microwave communication  are more popular than contesting then I'm going to challenge them. When stations report more than 1500 QSO's during the 160 meter contest don't tell me contesting is the least popular activity in ham radio.
So by definition, yes I'm bashing the ARRL.
73

MAL               N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ
http://www.ctaz.com/~suzyq/N7mal.htm

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: K0HB
  To: Kenneth E. Harker ; CQ Contest
  Sent: Monday, December 06, 2004 10:15 PM
  Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] ARRL v. contesters

  > There seems to be a lot of ARRL-bashing on the list recently.  While
  > I was very disappointed at the decision to remove line scores from QST
  myself
  > (and made sure my Division Director understood my point of view,) ARRL is
  > by no means anti-contesting, as some have suggested.

  Ken, your points are well taken.

  I've seen a lot of sentiment expressed here about the decision to quit
  printing line scores in QST, but except for the gentleman from Arizona
  trying to organize a boycott, I've seen very little "ARRL bashing".

  I'm a lifelong supporter of ARRL, but I reserve the right (as you do) to
  express my disappointment about some of their penny-wise/pound-foolish
  financial decisions.

  73, de Hans, K0HB