[CQ-Contest] World HF Contest Station Database Updated

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Mon Dec 13 09:37:15 EST 2004

I have just finished updating the WCSD.  If you submitted updated info but
don't see it in the database, it is probably because you forgot to put your
call in the first field on the update form.  Without that I have no way of
knowing which callsign the information belongs to.

As always, I was struck by the significant upgrades that many people have
done to their stations.  These far outnumber the downsizers or drop-outs,
though of course many of the latter might not bother to report ;^)  In any
case, I think this is another data point to bolster the argument that
contesters invest a lot in their stations.

Just a reminder that there are some interesting specialized searches
available.  You can find out who is in the database with a given prefix, or
search by part of a transceiver or amplifier's model number, or find out
who is using which logging software.  As time (and my limited programming
skills) permit, I will be adding other searches.  Let me know what you'd
like.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
was updated 13 Dec 2004