[CQ-Contest] ARRL 10m prediction

Mike Clarson mclarson at rcc.com
Mon Dec 13 11:32:38 EST 2004

I understand Steve's pain. With my call, WV2ZOW, on phone, when running low
power and being "arielly" challenged, many of the high QSO rate guys will
give me one or two tries, and, I get the sense they pretend they copied me
correctly so they can move on to the next QSO. They get the call wrong
several times, then just give me a "QSL" and a "QRZ" without repeating my
call. If it doesn't appear in their log at all, I am sure I lose the point!
I like s/n as part of the exchange, that way I can stick around for the next
QSO to see if I have a log entry on the other side. I don't seem to have
this problem in the prefix contest, however. --Mike