[CQ-Contest] Contesting tips and tricks - not

Lee Buller k0wa at swbell.net
Tue Dec 14 09:38:16 EST 2004

I wish this had not gotten so nasty.  Whew!  It stinks in here....

Never the less, I have one comment.  As contesters,  we are hated by many because we take up so much of the band when a contest is on.  On the other hand, it only happens on weekends.  Granted, a lot of weekends.

I have digressed.  Here is what I want to say:

I would like to see everyone spread out during a contest.  We seem to want the last 40 or 40 Khz of the band.  Well, lets move up...leave the digital modes alone if...and move up.  Why not inhabit part of the band above 3600 or 7100 or 14100 or 21100 or 28100.  Yes, there is the Novice band up there, but people will listen to your 200 watt signal...just turn off the amp and you have a nice clear frequency.  Anyway, the Novice thing might go away and we'll all be able to "kick the tires and light the fires" in those areas.  I am for spreading out...much to the chagrin of those who are not contesters.  But, if there is an opening...I'm gonna mash F1

See ya in the fray....

Lee - K0WA