[CQ-Contest] CQ tips and tricks

ah3c at frii.com ah3c at frii.com
Sat Dec 25 10:27:36 EST 2004

I think this thread has gone far enough.

Remember, when I first ran it about a month ago I was very specific aboout
using low power late in the SS CW contest and never implied that the
intent was stealing a frequency by using the technique mentioned.  The
first premise was to assure that the station leaving is someone not
currently in my log.  In contests, holes get filled.  It's as simple as
that.  The smart SO2R operator with the big signal will quickly work me
and easily find another spot.  If he/she chooses to come back and CQ
without calling me on the original frequency after first having left it, I
certainly have no choice but to leave the frequency because of my weak
signal.  SO2R loses in this case...a needed QSO late in the contest when
new ones on the band are rare.  The assumption I was going respond to the
CQ, is a SO2R penalty.  Remember, my goal may be different than trying to
be #1.  Arrogance sometimes costs Q's...

Happy Holidays to all
Pete
W0RTT