[CQ-Contest] voltage

Jim Smith jimsmith at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 11 23:45:04 EST 2004

Hi Dan,

Well, I suppose the obvious answer is to use a 120 to 240V step up
transformer to feed the amp.  However, if the amp already has provision
for 120/240V operation you gain nothing from this.

Is it possible to convert a 120V line to 240V by rewiring it at the
service panel?  This obviously won't be practical if the 120V line feeds
a number of outlets in rooms other than the shack.

I guess more info about your situation is needed.  Send me an e-mail and
I'll try to help.

73 de JIm Smith   VE7FO