[CQ-Contest] voltage

Jim Smith jimsmith at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 11 23:45:04 EST 2004

Hi Dan,

Well, I suppose the obvious answer is to use a 120 to 240V step up 
transformer to feed the amp.  However, if the amp already has provision 
for 120/240V operation you gain nothing from this. 

Is it possible to convert a 120V line to 240V by rewiring it at the 
service panel?  This obviously won't be practical if the 120V line feeds 
a number of outlets in rooms other than the shack. 

I guess more info about your situation is needed.  Send me an e-mail and 
I'll try to help.

73 de JIm Smith   VE7FO

dan r goddard wrote:

>Is it possible to rise 120 volts to 240 volts, using a 120 line?  I have
>no where to get 240 volts to run this amp without going thru several
>concrete walls and a run of about 100 feet.

More information about the CQ-Contest mailing list