[CQ-Contest] J7A ARRL DX CW Contest - K4OJ Memorial Operation

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Fri Feb 13 09:28:49 EST 2004

Jim White, K4OJ, was a dear friend and a continual inspiration to contesting,
having grown up in the shadow of Greats, his parents, Ellen, W1YL, and Bob,
W1CW (SK).  OJ, as we affectionately called him was always positive and ready
to help, inspire, learn, tease, quip, pontificate and challenge all of us.
Those of us in the Florida Contest Group will always remember OJ as the "father"
of the FCG, having formed it nearly ten years ago in, what was - as one of our
members referred to it - a contesting wasteland.  When you see that sea of
orange shirts at Dayton, you will remember OJ.  Jim was both an Elmer and Elmo
in the true sense of the words!

As a tribute and memorial to K4OJ, the J7A Dominica operation in next week's
ARRL DX CW Contest will be dedicated to the life and work of Jim.  We have not
yet decided exactly how to weave "OJ" into our transmissions, but we will try
to come up with something appropriate.  The J7A QSLs will refer to the K4OJ
Memorial Operation.

73, George, K5KG, John, W4IX and John, K3TEJ

PS.  OJ, we will need your MULT on 6 bands!

George I. Wagner, K5KG
Productivity Resources LLC
941-312-9450
941-312-9460 fax