[CQ-Contest] K4OJ SK]

Bob Naumann - N5NJ n5nj at gte.net
Fri Feb 13 10:10:05 EST 2004

Craig,

I'm sorry that you didn't get a chance to know Jim.  He was everything that all the writers have said thus far.

I've been putting Jim's callsigns in my log since the fall of 1973.  I met Jim in person around 1980 or 81 in Dayton.  Like was mentioned by someone else, Jim made you feel like a life-long friend when you met him for the first time.  After that, you were his life-long friend.

Seeing Jim in Dayton every year is something that I will remember fondly.  As he and I are about the same age, it also brings a sense of transition from just being happy kids, to being an adult and dealing with things like the death of your good friends.

Every time I was with Jim, I felt like I was a teenager without a care in the world.  As others have said, his sense of humor was brilliant.  He found things funny that not everyone does, but for those of us who were right in line with him, it built an even  stronger bond because of that.

Jim loved ham radio.  He loved his countless friends.

I miss him terribly already.

73,
Bob N5NJ