[CQ-Contest] K4OJ is gone

Patrick Barkey pmbarkey at comcast.net
Fri Feb 13 21:51:55 EST 2004

Its hard to believe that K4OJ is no longer among us.  My memories of Jim
the first family of radio, the Whites.

What can I say, the guy had a talent for having fun, but also for
cutting
right the nub of just about everything.  When Jim sized something up,
he was usually right on.

I will always remember the White household as a safe refuge for
hams of all kinds.  It was one of those places where you instantly
felt comfortable, and I know many others who would say the same
thing.

My heart goes out to Ellen, Teresa and his family.  We've lost a
real gem.

  - Pat
    N9RV