[CQ-Contest] K4OJ Remembered

Barry Merrill barry at mxg.com
Tue Feb 17 09:52:23 EST 2004

You make an excellent point: "gamers" are excellent candidates
for ham radio contesting, and considering the number of ads
aimed at gamers before the Superbowl, they are numerous.

Maybe we could set up a KW Contest Station at one of these
weekend gamer sessions where they bring in all of their souped up
computers, and show them our game with real variables of
skill and propagation and station building.

Besides, that KW and indoor antenna's RFI should knock out all
their unprotected machines, so you'd be king of the
mountain, beating them all, and have undivided attention
to ham radio contesting, at least for a little while!

Barry, W5GN