[CQ-Contest] ARRL Contest Participation Statistics

Kenneth E. Harker kharker at cs.utexas.edu
Thu Feb 19 14:28:46 EST 2004

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 11:13:12AM -0600, Bob Naumann - N5NJ wrote:
> Interesting.
>
> It would be more valuable if it was broken out by mode also- i.e. SS_CW vs. SS_SSB.  I'd also like to see some demographics on who these operators are that are boosting the #'s.

The contest score databases for 2002 and 2003 are online for ARRL members.
Correlating callsigns with callbook info might give rough demographic
analysis.  It's just there waiting for someone to do it.

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker at cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences          Central Texas DX & Contest Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops