[CQ-Contest] arrl dx cw cut numbers anecdote

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Mon Feb 23 10:56:03 EST 2004

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, David Robbins K1TTT wrote:

> spots logged on k1ttt cluster: 30013
> spots entered from dxsummit log:2118 (included in 30k above)

Seeing this e-mail reminded me of an anecdote for the contest.  I did it
entirely S&P.  As I was tuning around, I heard what I thought was the tail
end of a QSO and "1TTT".  I thought at once that it was odd for someone to
send their power of 1000 this way as most people were sending either "KW"
or just "K".  It turned out to be K1TTT calling CQ!  :-)

73, Zack W9SZ