[CQ-Contest] CQ pattern in contest - what's your vote?

Art Searle W2NRA w2nra at birdsandbeacons.com
Wed Feb 25 12:07:28 EST 2004

You suggestion makes since and it is logical.  However it is not practical
and here is why.  In practice stations hit their callsign transmit key as
soon as they hear the callsign because so many stations only send their
callsign.  Everyone knows it's a test.  What happens is calling gets out of
sync and you loose control (maybe only slightly) of the pileup (even if only
a few stations are calling).  I'm guilty of this myself but since I am
always QSK I usually manage to hit the cancel quickly.  But most stations
are PTT controlled.  Practice wins of logic every time!

73,
Art
W2NRA

Art Searle