[CQ-Contest] Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

Tim Gardner TGARDNER at glcc.com
Tue Jan 13 07:19:59 EST 2004

I purchased a Gyration for my wife's computer, but returned it just last night and bought the much cheaper (by half) Logitech.

Reason?  The mouse consistently stopped working.  After being idle for some time, move the mouse and get no response on the computer.  No problems with the keyboard.  I also didn't like the fact that the receiver has only a USB connector for both KB and mouse (part of the lockup problem?).

The replacement Logitech installed in seconds and worked perfectly.

'73

Tim - N9LF

>>> "Lee Hiers" <aa4ga at contesting.com> 01/12/04 08:25PM >>>
Howdy...

Has anyone had any experience with these?

I've got an old Logitech wireless mouse that doesn't seem
to have any problems between the radio and the mouse.

I'm looking at a Gyration wireless mouse/keyboard
combo...it's apparently more powerfull than the Logitech,
as it has a 30' range compared to 5' on the Logitech.  The
Gyration operates on 49 Mhz.

Any info about this combo or any others, or what to stay
away from would be appreciated.

73 de Lee

--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA