[CQ-Contest] JA QSL Collecting Contest

n6ki at juno.com n6ki at juno.com
Wed Jan 14 15:53:39 EST 2004

This is a copy of a letter I recently sent to ARRL

Dear Sir or Madam,

	This is a matter that concerns me and many other radio amateurs
who QSL religiously and receive many JA QSL cards from contests.

	I had heard rumor that MANY Japanese amateurs were involved in
obtaining as many non JA QSL cards from hams all over the world for some
sort of contest. It gets to be very annoying, expensive and time
consuming to
send QSL cards to the same guy many times over for same BAND/MODE
contacts!!!

Here is what is written on a QSL card recently received from JA2OLJ

....."Please send me your QSL Card for the Award that is the greatest One
in Japan
named Sekai 10,000 KYOKU YOMIURI AWARD. The Award needs 10,000 cards or
more
from many DX stations without JA"

	At this point I am inclined to ignore all JA cards that do not arrive
with
S.A.S.E., IRCs or Green Stamps

	I see no inherent value for anyone other than the JA stations
collecting QSL cards for a frivolous award.

73, Dennis Vernacchia N6KI
San Diego

P.S. - I see on his card that this card to me was #48,183....I am sure
the QSL printers
are the only ones that are happy and benefiting from this