[CQ-Contest] JA QSL Collecting Contest

Barry w2up at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 15 12:06:43 EST 2004

Frivilous is in the ye of the beholder.  Many would call contesting
frivilous.  Personally, I QSL 100% received for each band/mode
contact ONCE. Interestingly,  I received a buro shipment last month
and there were less JAs than usual. Look at the bright side - if you
get a lot of JA cards, you can save money sending them direxctly to
the JA buro yourself, rather than thru ARRL (for me it's usually DL
and JA buros I sent to directly). For example 1 lb. to JA costs $4.05
direct vs. $8 via ARRL and 2 lbs costs $6.65 direct vs. $16 via ARRL.
Barry W2UP