[CQ-Contest] radio recommendations

Hanlon, Steve SHanlon at dnr.state.md.us
Wed Jun 2 07:34:33 EDT 2004

> Used 756PRO's are nearly down to that price and will be by
> fall, I'm sure.

i just made the move from the 746PRO to the 756PROII.  if i only had $1000 to spend, i would have gotten the 756PRO.  i don't have many hours of contesting under my belt, but the 756PRO series is laid out in a logical* manner and the spectrum scope does not put me into the assisted category. being a cap gun, i need every advantage i can find.

Steve, KB3KAQ

* - logical is a relative term.  the layout and structure is much like my previous rig, the IC-746PRO.