[CQ-Contest] Open Operator Invitation for PJ2HQ

Geoff Howard ghoward at kent.edu
Mon Jun 7 14:55:30 EDT 2004

Contesters,

PJ2T will be on the air as PJ2HQ in the IARU contest in July. As last year,
this will be primarily a social event between any stateside hams we can
recruit and many members of Curacao's local ham club. None of them are
experienced contesters, but they all enjoyed some time in the chair during
last year's contest.

See www.pj2t.org and then click on the "PJ2T - IARU 2003" link in the
middle part of the home page for photos from last year's operation.

Anyone is welcome. This is a non-cuthroat contest effort with no effort
made to score or place well -- we have a big lunch buffet on Saturday at
the station, and there are usually more open radios than people to man
them. If you're interested in seeing Curacao, meeting some delightful local
PJ2 licensees, and operating for awhile at PJ2T, come on down. It's a mixed
mode SSB/CW contest.

Lodging is available literally next door to the station st Sunset Waters
Beach Resort (the old Coral Cliff hotel). See http://www.sunsetwaters.com .
The hotel gives hams VERY favorable room rates if you book through the PJ2T
group rather than directly. Shared expenses for using the station will be
very moderate, especially if we have a reasonable number of stateside
operators. The bad news is that airfares are a bit high in summer, as this
is when most families can travel.

E-mail me if you have questions.

      Thanks and 73,

                 - Geoff, W0CG, PJ2DX