[CQ-Contest] Re: Where are the JAs in contesting?

Barry w2up at mindspring.com
Mon Jun 7 19:43:49 EDT 2004

One thing I've noticed about JA signals, at least here on the E
Coast, is the incredible difference between signal strengths.

There are 10-15 JAs 20 over S-9.  The next group of another 10-20 are
S5-S8, then a handful about S-2.  While there is a regular group of
incredibly loud EUs (you know, the ones with the 300 W amps!), there
seems to be a much more even spread of signal strength across the
board.  Maybe it's because of the much larger geographical area.
Barry