[CQ-Contest] Interesting new rule in EUHFC

Mirko Sibilja s57ad at amis.net
Tue Jun 8 11:51:34 EDT 2004

>   Sorry,but as i understand N6TR does not support exact frequency
> printing.So no chance to operate then.

TRLog #does# support exact frequency printing, and there does exist program
to convert such a LOG.DAT into Cabrillo format (written by OK2RR, but am not
sure). But, RA1AAU software (the most popular among EUHFC competitors)
doesn't support radio control & frequency printing at all, so lot of people
will be at lost.

>   I understand motivation of the organizers:they are trying to fight with
> continiuous cheeters year by year ,but in blind manner.So FQ printing
could
> make their life easier .But not ours unfortunately.

Still you will stay a winner and still you will get an award, you just won't
get a plaque. Problem of cheating is very serious (not just in EUHFC, I
think), and (such a way we done in EUHFC), unfortunatelly punished ones are
honest operators with high level of ham spirit rather than cheaters.

So far (as for EUHFC), nobody has been DQed without a proof of cheating,
but, sometimes, it is difficult to find the proof, even when you #know# that
particular station cheated. We even recorded (in real time) operating of
some suspicious stations. Just one (random) example. Station XXX worked
DL***, then followed five CQs without takers (in approx. 5 second
intervals), then followed Qs with OK1*** and G3***. In the log, between
DL*** and G3*** there were logged four different contacts (and, G3*** and
OK1*** Qs in XXX's log were reversed).  Main doubt was whether XXX used two
radios on the same band and worked those four Qs in S&P mode on different
part of the band while CQing on running frequency, whether those Qs were
added after the contest, or whether there was second station & operator at
the same or even remote location. If exact frequencies were logged, there
wouldn't be any doubts. (Btw, intervals between CQs were too short to
believe that operator at XXX  S&Ped at the same time as he called CQ at
running frequency. And, it is not the sole example, either for particular
(XXX) either some another stations, not mentioning another cheating
techniques.

Anyhow, we would be sorry if Timo, Ted and another guys choose beer instead
of operating in the EUHFC. :)

Mirko, S57AD
One of EUHFC log-checkers