[CQ-Contest] Bandpass filters for M/S or M/M environment

Alfred J. Frugoli (KE1FO) frugoli at worldlinkisp.com
Thu Jun 10 22:03:36 EDT 2004

Unless I'm crazy, the two 419A's I just hooked up required sinking to ground to select the band - would have made my life a whole lot easier if they were source driven!

Just to check my sanity, I surfed to http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/ice/filtersrf.html#3
and "Band selection is done from the front panel directly by the operator with the main knob control or by automated means derived by ground closure to the 8-pin DIN connector on the rear panel surface."

Maybe the switching arrangement changed at some point, mine are brand new.

73 de Al, KE1FO