[CQ-Contest] WRTC Historical Archive

Dan Eskenazi desk at nwlink.com
Mon Jun 21 16:52:56 EDT 2004

Howdy all.....

greetings from sunny Seattle....

Tried to send this to the WRTC reflector, but have lost the address.
Now that we have had 4 WRTCs there are, no doubt, groups of material
from each of the events in Seattle, San Francisco, Slovenia and Helskinki,
and we are wondering how each group is keeping material from their event,
and would like to find a central archivist/archive place where we can send
all the material from 1990 to join with the other materials as a reference
for the
future.

Are there any clubs or persons connected with WRTC that would consider
becoming the
event historian and archivist?

We have material in several homes around town. Just today I was talking with
Adam K7ST (nee AA7FT) and he has moved to a new home, and was wondering if
the original paper logs from WRTC90 were worth saving or dumping..... I
kinda think they
would be worth preserving...but open to suggestion. Also have a pile of the
videos
and a big box of correspondence from around the world, written during
1988-1990.
(recall NO EMAIL in 1990!!).   As people move, things will probably be
tossed and forgotten,
so this might be a good time to think about archiving it all.

We do think this stuff would of interest in the future as WRTC takes off
into the 21st century.

Please email me with ideas, suggestions, etc.....

73
Danny K7SS
WRTC-90