[CQ-Contest] Field Day and CW

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Tue Jun 29 18:32:21 EDT 2004

I think or club (K9CU) had only a couple people working CW at all this
year - me and one other.  We had two stations set up for SSB (10/15 and 40/75
meters) and one station for 20 SSB and all CW bands.

I think only a couple of us had much experience in contesting.

The station used on 20 SSB and 20/40 CW used the same computer and CT for
logging.  I was the only person to work 40 CW.  I noticed that there were
discrepancies in the logging from previous QSO's when it filled in the
missing data on stations we'd worked on other bands/modes. Mostly these
were with the category, not the section logged.

Also, I was rolling along almost the entire time I operated.  Rate was
generally 60-90 per hour just on S&P.  The SSB stations didn't fare that
well.

We all had fun anyway - that's what it was all about! The weather was
about as close to perfect as I've ever seen on FD.

73, Zack W9SZ